Monday, May 15, 2017

Our First Day!





Lidia: I thought today was a great day because we all got to the school in time. When we went to the airport we all did good when we got our bags checked and in security we did great also most of the other Avid students got padded but Karla, Ms. Barcheck and I didn't. We were lucky. When we went into the airplane most of the people sat with one of their friends but some didn't but it was a good experience for some people that was their first time flying. For me it was like my 5th time but it was a great experience looking at Karla all scared because it reminded me of me when I went into the airplane for the first time. When we went into the Duck Boat it was kind of scary because we got into the water like nothing and when they told us it smelled like smoke and they told us to put the life gards it was kind of scary because we didn't know what was going to happen. But when we got out we were good. When we got into the bus it was kind of stressful because it was a long time their but I slept most of the time. It was not conformable but I slept most of the time. When we got to the Fairy it was great we got to go outside and see the view of the Ocean and we got to bought food their. When we got to Friday Harbor we walked a little to the Hotel and the Hotels are great. The American Legion is big. Its super nice of the people from the American Legion to let us use The American Legion for free. Today has been a great Day! 



Monibah: Today was a day filled with first time experiences for me. My first time experiences were flying on a plane, riding on a boat, and also riding a ferry. Other than riding things it is also my first week away from my family. I know I will be homesick once in a while, but I'm sure I will be just fine. My first flight experience was quite cramped, but very exciting. The feeling of lifting of into the air is a feeling that I will never forget. I felt very free while on the plane. The view from above was also breathtaking, there were many shapes to see from a birds eye-view. When landing, the pain I had in my ear was tremendous. I had to bare that for 10 minutes. Other then that the flight was very awesome and interesting. When arriving at the airport we took a bus to the Duck Tour. The Duck Tours were boats that were also cars. I learned many new things about Seattle on the tour, but when we actually went into the water, that was a whole other story. While in the water the engine of the boat started smoking so we had to wear life jackets in case of emergency. I, myself was terrified. I will not go on a Duck Boat ever again. That is a one time experience I would like to be my last. After the Duck Tour we took the same bus, we took from the airport, to a port. At the port we boarded a ferry. The ferry was huge and had a fantastic view. I got food from from the "food court" at the top level of the ferry. All in all, it was a very peaceful ride. When arriving at Friday Harbor we walked to the motel we are staying in. We met outside our rooms so that we could go to the American Legion for Dinner. After filling up our stomachs we went back to our rooms and got ready for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment