Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Tide Pools

Amber: Today was a really fun experience being at the tide pools. We got to see many little creatures and Emily got a really big crab, it looked really cool but I was scared to touch it even the smaller ones scared me. We had our own groups and in mine was Karla P, Randy, Jose D and myself. I think we worked really well together and that created new relationships.  The water was really cold and some students fell in but they got up kept looking. We did presentations on little organisms that we had found. I presented on a snail. Since i hadn't been there for any presentations with Mr. John Davis I didn't know much on how to name things but Mr. Graham helped me out and I learned what a Phylum is. ITs like a way of classifying an organism. In over all today was a really great day and I got to learn many new things on organisms. Today was a really eventful and fun day I enjoyed it!

Hayli: Today was full of adventures. I got to see many new animals I have not seen before. We were all in groups and my group was Karla, Leslie, Monibah, and Cesar. We got the chance to touch sea anemone. Evert time I would touch the sea anemone they would close up. They were squishy and fun to look at.  This was an amazing thing to see for the first time. That was my favorite part of the tide pool. I had a new experience I have never had before. We got the chance to explore and get into the water. Everyone was getting wet and finding new creatures. My team mate found a muscle that was attached to rocks which was really exciting to see. The muscle was almost the same size as my hand. Everyone was exploring and having a great time. Im glad I had the chance to explore the tide pools with my avid group. 











No comments:

Post a Comment