Thursday, May 25, 2017

Our Last Day

On my last day I woke up frantic. It was 6:47 and I realized we had to be out of the hotel at 7:15. I was the first one up so I had to wake Karla and Lidia up. Leslie knocked on our door so I opened it. Leslie and I woke Lidia up and then Karla. We rushed outside after getting ready. I was upset we had to leave it was a beautiful place and I knew I had to come back. We started walking down to the doc. Walking down was a weird experience because I knew I wouldnt come back for a while. I saw the places Ive become used to. We waited for a while and we finally boarded.
On the way to the airport we stopped at Pikes Market. It was a open air market. It was really busy and kind of annoying. I bought a picture and bubble tea. It was the first time I had drank it and I had a great time. The market was pretty loud but you didn't have to yell to be heard. Then we went to the gum wall. I was fascinated by the various colors of gum and the thickness of the wall. I added a piece of my gum to the wall. Finally we parted our way back home.
At the airport I still had energy left but to re charge I bought food at McDonald's and got a free ice cream. The airport was packed more than the DIA. Finally after purchasing my last souvenirs I sat at the waiting area and ate. After calling us on all my friends sat together. For two hours straight me and Lidia laughed until we landed. Landing reminded me how tired I was. Then seeing my dad and sister made me realize how homesick I was. I was glad to have a great experience with amazing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment